Wednesday, August 29, 2018

NeuroStructural Chiropractor

I've started working with a NeuroStructural Chiropractor. She specializes in working with the upper cervical part of spines, especially the Atlas. The atlas is the very top that holds your skull. 

She explained that most people's atlas has the type of angle like an airplane taking off for a flight. But mine is reversed like it's coming in for a landing. And it's extremely close to my skull. There should be more space to allow for the nerves, spinal cord, and all kinds of soft stuff (intervertebral disks, ligaments, muscles, etc) in between. 

You also can see my thyroid because it has calcified. Behind my thyroid is the bone spur that has grown on that vertebrae.

She used quite a few different assessments to see how my body is doing. I am carrying an extra 20 pounds on my right side. My right leg has pulled up. Some other measurements showed an obvious imbalance. 

She uses a heat sensor tool before and after adjustment. The table she uses is not a typical chiropractor table (although she does have one). This one is angled so as to focus on the atlas. She has a 360 degree laser tool to mathematically identify the exact angle and position to adjust. Then she gives 3 very light, direct, gentle taps. She explained that she is only moving it fractions of millimeters and all according to my exact measurements.

My first adjustment I noticed pain relief for almost 2 hours! My second one I didn't notice any difference. We will see how it goes. It will take my body quite some time to hold the adjustment. I'm hoping and praying that at least this will help with my occipital neuralgia. Even just one pain being released would be incredible. 

She doesn't ONLY do the atlas, but starts there and works down according to the measurements of the tools she uses to assess needs. I've been to many chiropractors over the years. Her's is the most promising.

Obviously my curvature is not great, a bone spur is noted (hidden here by measurements), calcified thyroid is visible, and atlas is significantly off.
Closer view of the proximity of my atlas to my skull . 
What an ideal spine looks like, for comparison.

Exact measurements of how I'm off and how she can then adjust me accordingly.

The heat sensor tool she uses before and after to assess alignment.
Hard to see the blue line, but the yellow shows that I am misaligned on the right (heat sensor).

The tool used to shift the atlas. It's very, very gentle. 
The most painful part of the procedure is touching my face to anything (anesthesia dolorosa). But, for a normal person this is entirely painless. Then I relax in a room, reclined, and come back to test the hold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment