Saturday, June 20, 2015

INSPIRE ME, not terrify me



For about 4 days I hit a bit of a road block. A space between where I am and where I want to be, if you will. Usually MS is my hardest of the 5 diseases I carry. (7 if you count Dysmetabolic Syndrome and Gall Bladder disease). But, this week PCOS (with bursting cysts, no insurance and just pushing through it) knocked me off my feet. Thankfully I had help from my in laws and now am doing much better. 

The MRT/LEAP plan is very specific and structured. With the hubs working 50-60 hrs each week and me in bed, I missed a bit of my plan for Phase 3/Phase 4. But, life just happens and you get back on that horse. :) Giddy up. 


Phase 1::: (the ONLY things I could eat for 7-10 days. I went for 7)

Chicken
Pinto Beans
Eggs
Sole (never did)

Wheat
White potato

Broccoli
Green Peas (never did)
Green Pepper
Cauliflower 

Apple
Cranberry 
Orange
Plum

Cheddar Cheese
Cottage cheese (b/c of whey, and my reaction, I have since cut it off)

Olive oil
Walnut oil (nah)

Carob (what is that? 😳)
Ginger (mmmnhnhn)
Honey
Black Pepper and Salt (chose Pink Himalayan Salt mostly) 

And that is IT. (Bold foods I ate regularly in the 7 days).



It was quite a bit of chicken, some eggs, some cheese (yay), and a whole lot of missing 1) Salads 2) Sandwiches (turkey lunch meat esp) 3) Chocolate. **In that order 😋

With each new PHASE, you have ONE new food you can add per day, according to your reaction in your blood work. 

PHASE 2:::
Added- 
Beef (not sure if my bod appreciated it)
Peach
Almond (Almond Milk)
Lemon
Grapefruit

I "cheated" at two birthday celebrations and paid for it. It was a good reminder for how my body doesn't like (aka loves to death) sugar. 

PHASE 3:::
Added-
MILK (need to try SKIM milk like I grew up with instead. Still not sure if I can do dairy, since I have an intolerance for whey and had gone off dairy for a month before the test). 
Cherry
Olive 
*pAuSe*
Curse you ovaries----pain, misery and bleh. Ha. Got off course. Gained some weight I had lost, then got back on track. 

PHASE 4:::
Added- 
Tomato

This is where I am right now. In Phase 4, but I will extend it beyond the 5 days. It helps to plan out breakfast, lunch and dinner. As well as using the Yummly free app and Pinterest to organize recipes (except for the delicious desserts I see people posting). :) {If anyone wants some ideas for recipes when you are so limited, just leave a comment or message me}.

Having some foods sparingly or completely eliminated has helped me identify my body's reaction to certain foods. It's a long process and sometimes hard to really know with a few foods/flavor enhancers on some sick days. But, overall it has been quite fabulous. (And limiting, but thankfully not forever). I really miss salads and sugar, especially chocolate (which I've cheated on 4 times). But if I can get to a point where I truly feel GOOD or even OKAY, it will be worth it. I may have an exception once a month, so I'm only having chocolate, turkey, or lettuce/spinach 12 times a year would be feasible for me. 

Weight loss in 18 days: 
almost 10 pounds
Inches lost in 18 days: (bust, arm, waist, hips) 5 inches

It has helped me considerably to track it with a planner (it is from 2013-2014, but does the trick). 
Hopefully I can start to post much more frequently. :) Not ready to post pix yet, but eventually. 


No comments:

Post a Comment